Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Sometimes I Just Want To Wear Pants (1/13/14)

Well this week I wanted to wear pants all week and that is why I titled this "Sometimes I Just Want to Wear Pants." Pants are just so nice! They are like love... I think that's what love is like!

The Reaping: The first transfer meeting that I had no idea who my companion was going to be! I thought I knew but I was wrong....

My new companion
.
.
.
is
.
.
.
Sister Lang!!! What!? She is from my MTC District! YES!!! I know her!! She is an amazing missionary! She loves to work almost as much as I do and is really good at nightly planning and is just AWESOME!!! She is quiet so I find ways to make her not so quite or laugh at me. Once, I surprised her when I pulled out my microphone from underneath my seat to sing to her :) She did not see that coming!

Oh, so a fun miracle this week: we were going to see this family but it didn't feel right so I felt like I needed to go see someone we had not been able to stop by earlier that day. We knocked on her door and the door next to it opened with dogs running out attacking my companion! She was Scared!! So we're trying to get away from the dogs when the girl we came to see opens the door and closes it.... So, awkwardly, we knock on her door and she comes out being all weird with us but as soon as we say "missionaries" her eyes light up! She asks. "Do you have the Book?" I say, pulling it out of my pocket, "Yes, we have the book." and hand it to her. Then her phone rings and it's her mom! She is struggling to decide whether to talk to us or mom....that's awkward. Taking the book she says, "Can I have this?" We say, "Yes, it is yours for free!" (free is key!!!) and she takes it....saying please come back later I just have to talk to my mom.... hahahah So awesome!!! I Love missionary work!!!!!!

Also: Sadness! Said goodbye to Alexis and Mark!!!! I love them so much!!!

Also, I have this game I play with Sister Lang. I act like a child and say, "Mom, can we take that shopping cart home?" (because its in the middle of the street). She always tells me no. I just don't understand why she says I cant have it!! She tells me it's to much responsibility...What!? I don't think so!!

Well my last thought is...Who are you? Is that the same person God intended you to be?

LOVE, Sister Violette Carlson!!!!!!
Keeping the first name in the name tag :)

No comments:

Post a Comment