Monday, August 12, 2013

If Christ had More to offer would you take it? (8/12/13)

If Christ Had More To Offer Would You Take It? 
This is the question Sister Drinkwater asked Margo Thursday night after a very eye opening training. It was a totally inspired question! Because Margo now started asking the questions. "What is this more to offer?" "How can I get it?" "Through the Book of Mormon." Sis DW said and started telling the story of Joseph Smith and that the Book Of Mormon was translated through him and shared the first vision! Talk about the Spirit that was there on those stairs as she shared it! Margo started to tear up. We did not have a Book of Mormon with us (What? this never happens, we always have one!), so we were able to set up a time to bring it back!! Heavenly Father is in the details of our Lives!! True Story!
That was at about 8:45 at night, but if I go back to about the hours of 10 to 12. I would not have known that we could do that! Why? because from the hours of 10 to 12 I was being taught about finding the God's Elect chosen people! The ones who are prepared for the Gospel and are ready to accept it. Sister Tan taught us to open the windows of Heaven! In my companionship, it opened our minds! The sky has no limits! For instance, when we would go contacting we would pray to reach our goal (such as contacting 25 people and handing out 5 B.o.M. or using our 1 min lesson plans), but now we know that we can pray to ask every time to find one of Gods Elect! And we did, we found Margo! She had time for us and wants to hear more! ahh, the miracles!

This week a very sad thing happened. A member from my distract from the MTC went home. He was struggling in a way that he was worried about home and such, or maybe that it was too hard... but it just saddens me to think that he has already gone home. So if you have a missionary out there of some kind, write them a letter, bear your testimony to them, tell them how proud of them you are because missions are hard and some people need some help from time to time. I'm not asking for letters, I'm saying that you could change a missionary's day and mission from your testimony! I encourage you all to bear your testimony as much as you can this week to a non-member or a member...or just that you LOVE Jesus and the wonderful selfless thing he did for all of us!

Quote of the week! While stuck in traffic (this happens a lot! Sister Trainer Leaders do the exchanges with the half of the sisters in the mission and I get to tag along! (lets just say I LOVE IT!) While we were sitting waiting for traffic to move we were hit by a guy on a motorcycle, and he kept driving!! So my companion (she will stay nameless) Said "DID he just hit our car? He Did! Are you Kidding me!" Ahh, she the sweet quiet one...and it just melts my heart when she gets angry :)

Well, stay humble! I'm keeping the "Violette" in Sister Carlson!

LOVE you all so much,

Sister Violette "Ireallydoloveallofyousomuch" Carlson

No comments:

Post a Comment